Updated: Jun 8, 2022
8 tips on how to lead your team while working remotely.
- Establish clear communication before you start your remote work. Make sure everyone is on the same page about how they will work together. Remote teams can be really effective, but they also need to be accurate and respect each other's time to get things done.
- Treat your remote team like you would a local team, don't expect them to be available 24/7. It's okay to set up group calls or meetings during established windows.
- Add some regularity into your schedule: set up a daily meeting, daily check-ins and monthly all hands meetings with everyone.
- Make sure your work is organized so everyone knows where to find it and what they need to do next.
- Work in sprints to maintain a steady rhythm.
- Look at your overall process and create effective checklists of tasks for every step.
- Use visual communication tools like screen sharing, collaborative documents, or a project management tool. All of these tools can be very useful, but make sure you're using the right tool for the job and that everyone on your team understands how to use them.
- Encourage feedback from your remote team as well as their suggestions for improvement.